Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Luxuries link to this post

Just a friendly reminder, you are looking at an article at the OLD financialfreedumb.com. Click here to read this post at the NEW financialfreedumb.com. This may not always work.

In my post about DVDs being a waste of money, I said I would write about my luxuries, so you can criticize away...so here it is, my list of luxuries. Be nice. - My dog. Some would argue that an animal companion is a luxury and not a necessity, but I'll man up and say it, I love my dog. - My camera. I like photography. I have a Nikon D70 and bunch of lenses. Nothing pro-caliber yet, but I may be considering a Nikon VR 70-200 lens in the near future. - I like to eat out. We're not talking Morton's Steak House now, more like Subway and McD. I eat out, on average, 3 times a week. I work from home, so being couped up all day by myself is not that fun. I love ice cream too. - I drive a truck, but I put on about 500 miles a month plus with the dog, a truck is just much easier for both of us, and I use premium gas in my truck. - I love computers and other techy stuff. I have a DVR (similar to Tivo) and I have a notebook as my primary workstation. I am planning to buy a new notebook when Microsoft Vista comes out. Of course I may wait a couple of months until all the press has died down. I also have a High-Def TV, but it's not the super fancy DLP 62" projection TV, it's just a 34" CRT. It has a great feature set for the price, and the picture quality is great! I did want to get a DLP projection TV though. - I own a Sony PS2, and I am considering purchasing a Sony PS3. But for ~$600 just for the console, I'm having serious second thoughts. I usually find myself playing games on the computer if anything anyway. And even that has become an extremely rare occurence. I used to play online games which costed around $13/month, but I stopped that last year. It just takes too much time, and you get no return! A horrible investment. - I subscribe to Blockbuster.com. That's all that I can think of right now...I'll post more as I find them. Somethings I didn't write, I consider necessities...like the cell phone and broadband. I would consider myself a fairly non-luxurious person...Although I am considering buying some high thread count sheets, I probably never will. So criticize away! Maybe I should figure out how much these luxuries are costing me in the future...And maybe I should write a list of crap I just don't need.


- to subscribe - back to top - back to main page -

I love comments. However, please refrain from posting links unless they are accompanied by an explanation as to why you think that link is beneficial to my readers. All comments can, and will be deleted, if I deem them unacceptable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Advertisment