Friday, April 14, 2006

Asset Reallocation, Version 2.0

So I been thinking about my asset reallocation, continuing on what I wrote earlier, I realize I have the following criteria: - Large - mid cap stocks. - Aggressive marketting strategy. - Dividend paying. - Near to their 52 week lows, the better. - Relatively flat over the past year. - Positive industries: Healthcare, Energy (especially renewable), Military, Retail (low cost, food, groceries), Basic Consumables (personal care, paper) - Almost positive industries: Airline, Technology, Telecom/Communications - Negative industries: Financial, "Luxury" "High End" Markets, Housing, Insurance, Automotive I saw this post from Investment Ideas that had a good graphic of dividend paying quality stocks. Another article from MSN Money written in Nov 05, still holds true for stocks described. When considering all thought factors, some bigger names that came to mind were: Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Dupont, IBM, Wal-Mart, VZ, AT&T. If I had to choose my investments right now, I'd go with JNJ, DD, WMT, and VZ, spread evenly 25%. Agh, more research to do. I would consider mutual funds, but I've just had bad experiences with them, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I trust them anymore. I should get over it, but it might take awhile. Well, until version 3.0... Sorry no Friday! Update today. I'm short on blogging time, but have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: