Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday! Update: Fantasy Football, Ads = Sell Out? 07.07.2006

Alright, this will be a short and sweet Friday! Update. Read my post on fantasy football. Only bloggers in debt are allowed to "sell-out." Would you agree? I don't. EDIT: I want to clarify that Him @ Make Love, Not Debt argues that getting paid to write about a specific topic by payperpost.com is really just another form of spam and "selling out." I agree somewhat, if you get paid to write about something, that may be a form of selling out, but I think you have to be fair and really weigh the perspective the writer is coming from. If they just falsify their writeup to make money, then yeah, that's not good. But heck, if someone came up to me and asked to take a look and write something for a fee, I'd do it. It'd be honest though...if they don't agree to that condition, then I wouldn't do it. Also, I'm not going to even sign up or look through payperpost.com. If someone makes the effort to contact me, that's a different story. What do you think of my new layout? Have a great weekend! -FF (I told you)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be fair, I think they meant "payperpost" was selling out. It's a service that pays you a flat fee for writing a post about a specific topic, product or company.

Anonymous said...

LaMoneyGuy hit the nail on the head. I didn't say we were selling out - but bloggers who get paid to say something are selling out.

What we write is not influenced by the advertising on our blog.

freedumb said...

Ahh, Got it...will make a revision to the post.

I do think that it depends...Even if we get paid to say something, if our analysis is fair and accurate, there's nothing wrong with that IMO.

I hope that a majority of pf bloggers are not influenced by some sort of under the scenes buy out by a large corporate entity...that would be the end of blogging as we know it. Might as well call ourselves puppets.

Single Ma said...

I don't think signing up for PPP is selling out. To each his own. Readers can sniff out a lie (especially PF Bloggers) and most will call you out in the comments too. I think it's up to the blogger to maintain their credibility and earn extra money however they want. If not, the blogger will eventually lose readership (i.e. traffic), which is counterproductive to other profit incentives.

BTW, I like the new layout. It's neat and clean. Not that the other one wasn't neat, but you know what I'm saying.

freedumb said...

Thanks SingleMa. I don't see what the big deal is to get paid to write about certain things, as long as the post is fair and honest. Else, it is selling out. Heck, if I run out of things to write about, I might consider looking through for ideas even though I just wrote I wouldn't.