Monday, July 03, 2006

Thank You: High School Biology Teacher

If there's one teacher that standouts above all others, it's my high school biology teacher, BK. I can't name any other class that made me as excited to be in it than this one. His style of teaching and grading...People got A's and A++++++++++'s. Of course some folks still got B's through F's, but the fact that someone could get an A++++++++++ spread enthusiasm like wildfire. When I saw my first grade like that, I was like, "WOW! That's cool." I already liked science, but this sold me. From Darwin's theory to Mendel's law to Sexual Dimorphism to Pig Anatomy to learning that teachers are not all about being serious (ex. various lies you told about your disfigured leg) to the live frog dissection which has scarred me to this day...Thanks! I'll admit, high school had some rough times, but I could count on bio class to inspire me to push myself beyond what I thought I could do. Biology class has helped me become who I am today, and for that, Thank You! To my readers, financially, I didn't learn much from bio class, but hey who learns about finances in biology class? I know this is a personal finance blog, but this is important, and it's personal...so at least it fits that part of the category. :)

No comments: