Saturday, July 22, 2006

My 401k YTD Rate Of Return Is a Measily 0.4%. What's Yours? link to this post

Just a friendly reminder, you are looking at an article at the OLD financialfreedumb.com. Click here to read this post at the NEW financialfreedumb.com. This may not always work.

My current rate of return (ROR) for my 401k year-to-date (01.01.2006 - 07.21.2006) is 0.4%. Not that great at all. I'm curious, how are your 401k's doing? What's your ROR? This is how ROR is calculated, per my 401k website: Normally, you analyze an investment based on its Beginning Balance, its Ending Balance, and the schedule of Cash Flows between these 2 balances. Your Rate of Return is calculated as the Rate of Return for your particular Beginning Balance, Ending Balance, and schedule of Cash Flows. A compound daily rate of return is computed by testing different rates until one is found that increases (or reduces in the case of a loss) your beginning balance and all of your cash-flows to equal your ending balance within 0.00000000001%. Then the actual account performance during the investment period is calculated.


- to subscribe - back to top - back to main page -

I love comments. However, please refrain from posting links unless they are accompanied by an explanation as to why you think that link is beneficial to my readers. All comments can, and will be deleted, if I deem them unacceptable.


2 Comments:

At 7/22/2006 03:51:00 PM, Blogger mapgirl said...

Your account performance as of Jun 30 2006: Year to Jun 30 2006: 2.58%

Not great, but not down. However for Q2. it's down by -1.24%.

It's only up I think because I diversified into an International Fund when I joined this plan last year. It's the first time I've invested internationally and I guess I'm glad for the diversification!

 
At 1/31/2009 05:08:00 PM, Blogger ry said...

welcome to the wow power leveling, cheap service site, buy cheap wow gold,wow gold,world of warcraft power leveling buy wow power leveling

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Advertisment