Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Even In the 21st Century, Class Matters... link to this post

Just a friendly reminder, you are looking at an article at the OLD financialfreedumb.com. Click here to read this post at the NEW financialfreedumb.com. This may not always work.

I don't know how to start this. On one hand, I want to go on and on about how I wish the world were blind to gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and on the other I know that no matter how hard we try, it's an endless war. I hope one day it's gone completely. I remember learning in high school about social class, which included a bit on French social class and Bourgeoisie...Might have been in World History class...ahh, I don't remember. I always thought that was a neat word...Sounds funny when you say it. Along with onomatopoeia...Haha. See I did pay attention in high school. Sometimes... Well, even today, hundreds of years later, class still matters. John @ The Financial Ladder brings up this section at the NY Times that discusses social class. Within this section, there's one chart that really peaks my interest, under the tab "Nationwide Poll," then "Opportunity and Advancement." Over 75% of respondents said that the likelihood of moving up is the same or greater than it was 30 years ago. That's pretty cool. At least some dreams still exist in America. Now to figure out why the other 25% feels different...


- to subscribe - back to top - back to main page -

I love comments. However, please refrain from posting links unless they are accompanied by an explanation as to why you think that link is beneficial to my readers. All comments can, and will be deleted, if I deem them unacceptable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Advertisment