Friday, June 30, 2006

What's the Single Attribute Most Important For Achieving Personal Wealth and Success?

What's the single attribute that has helped you get to where you are today? Whether you are a millionaire or millions in debt (hopefully not millions), whether you are in high school or retired. There is no wrong or right answer. Duplicate attributes are fine. For me personally, it's resourcefulness:
Meaning #1: the quality of being able to cope with a difficult situation Meaning #2: the ability to deal resourcefully with unusual problems
I could name a ton of others, but, for me, resourcefulness seems to always pop up as something that has allowed me to excel in my career, schooling, and life. If working smart and thinking out of the box could be combined, resourcefulness would be the resulting attribute. I'll be the first to admit, in a room of academic thinkers, I would look like an idiot. I don't really enjoying reading books--Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (3rd book) being the last book I read--although I do love reading articles on the web and newspapers. But put me in a situation where I have to figure out a way to fix it, and I'll give you a ton of possibilities. So if I didn't have the ability to figure out creative ways to solve problems, I would not be where I am today. I'm not great at standardized tests, but I'm really good at hands on, applied lab work. I tend to see things in a way that others don't. Sometimes that makes me the black sheep, but most of the time it has helped me succeed. What about you? What do you think is the single most important attribute for achieving personal wealth and success? Whether you feel you are already there or are working to achieve success. Just one! It's harder than you think. Attribute, Submitted by (linked to blog if available): - Vision, SingleMa - Resourcefulness, Freedumb

2 comments:

Single Ma said...

"What do you think is the single most important attribute for achieving personal wealth and success?"

VISION

If you can see it, you'll believe it.
If you believe it, you can be it.

freedumb said...

Thanks SingleMa! Visions a great one...I think I need to work on that to get to the "next level."